Most of us are spending more time than ever in our homes and this makes it even more important to have an organized home. The benefits of being organized are manifold. You spend less time on a daily basis to deal with clutter, there is a designated place for everything, and your home feels bigger and more beautiful once it’s organized. Having a clutter-free organized space also helps in reducing stress and helps you be more efficient.
This article is intended to provide you with ideas and tips that will help to inspire you to organize your own space. Here are the tips:
- Instead of trying to create more space to store the clutter you already have, you should focus on removing the things you don’t use anymore.
- A top tip for your kitchen is to adjust cabinet shelves; it can create a lot more space. This way, you can find space for huge appliances and containers that are usually on your counter.
- You will find most clutter under the miscellaneous pile of your stuff because this is the stuff that doesn’t fit any category and that usually means it’s the things least used.
- Baskets and labels are your best friends for organizing your place. When you have an assortment of things, a basket with a nice, handwritten label is the way to go.
- The major buzzword for the Home organization is Declutter. Take a look at everything you own and carefully think do you really need it or use it. Don’t keep something you don’t love because you spent money on it once or because someone you love gave it to you. It’s better to gift or donate such things to people who would actually use them.
- When it comes to closet organization, group similar things together. You can create categories for all types of clothing and accessories It makes no sense to have half your shoes in your closet and the other half in the basement!
- Now, let’s talk about an area that has recently gained immense importance: The Home Office. You need to take up the space you actually need. If you work from home full time your office could be an entire room, otherwise a small desk in the corner of your room should suffice.
- To keep your home and office in the most organized manner a very important task is to tame the paper. For your office, you can have a paper organization system in place. When you’re done with your work for the day, take a few minutes to put everything back in its place.
- It’s important to have daily, weekly as well as seasonal routines to keep your space organized. This will you will not get overwhelmed and the bigger task will be broken into smaller tasks. Seasonal routines can include: deep cleaning, checking appliances and making sure drawers, cabinets, and closets are in order and in good shape.
- The final tip that will actually make your job of keeping a clutter-free and organized home really easy is this: When you use something, put it away immediately after you are done with it. Also, when you come home from outside, keep your things like keys, purse, jacket in their designated space. It only takes a few seconds to do this and makes a huge difference!